The achievement of full equality between women and men is one of the most important prerequisites for global prosperity and the advancement of society. The denial of such equality, in whatever form, perpetrates an injustice against one half of the world’s population and promotes in men harmful attitudes and habits that are carried from the family to the workplace, to political life, and ultimately to international relations.
The following are questions that should be answered before understanding how men and women equality can be achieved.
- In the struggle for equality between women and men, how can the basis of human identity be expanded rather than narrowed, so that equality is achieved within a framework of oneness and interdependence rather than a framework of conflict and division?
- How can the acquisition of self-knowledge, and awareness of our spiritual nature, are promoted in ways that contribute to the equality of women and men?
- How can we move beyond the impasse of cultural relativism in our efforts to establish the equality between women and men?
- How can we transform economic structures and processes so that they are conducive to justice and equality among women and men?
- How can we conceptualize power in ways that are conducive to the mutual empowerment of women and men?
“There must be an equality of rights between men and women. Women shall receive an equal privilege of education and knowledge. For the world of humanity possesses two wings: man and woman. If one wing remains incapable and defective, it will restrict the power of the other, and full flight will be impossible. Therefore, the completeness and perfection of the human world is dependent upon the equal development of these two wings.” (Neal Young).
Please visit: http://www.joelworldwear.com